In this case study we will come across:
Thread together common pain points users would have in the ticket-buying process through to the event experience.
I created a user flow that met the needs of two representative users as two distinct personas. This allowed for amenity searches to center around a map of the venue. The relationship of the user to a concert-needs map secured those issues most insight indicated would ruin a concert experience overall.
The initial role I took was user flow creator. Out of the many perks of outdoor concerts, (even if you like the rain), our team prepared by addressing some of the most significant risks that bear on a ruined concert experience. We make our main tool for the concert goer the mobile app, so that we can together navigate some of the issues that can make or break the concert experience.
The UX team got to work. We wade through organic search. A templatized ticketing website as ticket booth, we started to think about what the user would need.
We need a map. Notice the filterable optionsOur lovely venue has a weird seating format.
I quickly assumed the aim of bringing in ticket sales. I will explain how we incorporated it into our next steps, given a total of two weeks to spend on the project.
Only two weeks. We creatively sensed where to go, but it was reactive.How do we communicate boundaries? I sketched out the first steps toward a final prototype.
My third sketch contained a venue map.
Having to deal with bad weather, (no umbrella), acquiescing to seat squatting, or just getting lost in navigation are some examples. Interviews that I and the team conducted point to the importance of experience-ruiners. Moments that lose the fun of the concert, or lose the core experience are looming.
Find below a "happy" path more deeply unravels depending on who is walking it.
The interviews conducted shed light on a representative user. The business however was regional in the sense that the information you get to go to a concert is in a different place than where you would learn dates, times, rules, and same-day setups.
The Results and Key Takeaways
The key problem included these at the very least:
These were mapped and bundled to be included in the mid-fidelity iteration of the prototype.